Hybrid Modelling of a Traveling Wave Piezoelectric Motor, PhD thesis of Norddin El Ghouti, in 2000.
Visual Servoing in the Large, in IJR’09.
An optimal time–space algorithm for dense stereo matching, in Journal of Real-Time Image, 2010. The complexity analysis is good, but it only tells parts of the story. It is not the fault of the authors. It is not the fault of Donald Knuth. It is not the fault of Gordon Moore. It often happens that something has gone wrong but it is not anybody’s fault.
T-RA has a special issue on visual servoing in 1996.
Three-dimensional object recognition, in ACM Computing Surveys (CSUR) 1985.
A dynamically configurable coprocessor for convolutional neural networks, by Srimat Chakradhar, Murugan Sankaradas, etc. from NEC, in ISCA 2010.
A Massively Parallel Coprocessor for Convolutional Neural Networks, by Murugan Sankaradas, Srimat Chakradhar, etc. from NEC, in ASAP’09.
MonoSLAM: Real-Time Single Camera SLAM, in TPAMI’07.
Real-Time SLAM Relocalisation, in ICCV’07.
Parallel Tracking and Mapping for Small AR Workspaces, in ISMAR’07.
Exploitation of 3D Information for Directing Visual Attention and Object Recognition, by Oytun Akman, in 2009.
ESTIMedia 2010 is calling for paper, with deadline on July 11, 2010.
NVIDIA slams Intel’s paper in ISCA 2010. NVIDIA also claims that, given the same amount of time, optimizing a program on GPU can lead to much better performance than optimizing the same program on CPU. NVIDIA does not elaborate the reason why people feel optimizing programs on GPU is easier than that on CPU, but I guess people who optimize large programs on CPU usually are driven mad by the cache.
Online and Incremental Appearance-based SLAM in Highly Dynamic Environments, from TokyoTech, in IJR 2010. The Position-Invariant Robust Features (PIRF) method is showing good results.
micpro has a Special Issue on Exploitation of Hardware Accelerators, with deadline on September 10, 2010.
Some random collections on visual servoing:
- A Hierarchical Control Architecture for High-Speed Visual Servoing, by Koichi Hashumoto and Masatoshi Ishikawa, in International Journal of Robotics Research (IJR) 2003.
- Controller design and optimization for large-delays image processing in visual closed-loop systems, in Mechatronics 2007.
- Experiments in high-performance robotic visual servoing, by Peter Corke in 1993.
- Visual Servoing: Real Time Control of Robot Manipulators Based on Visual Sensory Feedback, a book in 1993.
- Visual Servoing in Non-Rigid Environments: A Space-Time Approach, in ICRA’07.
- Video-rate visual servoing for robots, in 1990.
- Virtual Visual Servoing: a framework for real-time augmented reality, by Francois Chaumette, in Computer Graphics Forum 2003.
Proceeding of ISCA 2010 available. Exciting moment.
A tutorial on visual servo control, by Seth Hutchinson, Gregory Hager, and Peter Corke, in T-RA 1996.
Real-time markerless tracking for augmented reality: the virtual visual servoing framework, by Francois Chaumette, in TCVG’06.
An Optimal Linear-Time Algorithm for Interprocedural Register Allocation in High Level Synthesis Using SSA Form, from Riverside in TCAD 2010.
A quiz: who’s who? Although I only remember a few names of them at the first sight, after some googling, it turns out that I have read papers authored by most of them.
Xilinx is targeting Q1 2011 for the production of Virtex 7, Kintex 7, and Artix 7. It seems Artix will replace the market place of Spartan in the 7 series.
Low-Resolution Color-Based Visual Tracking with State-Space Model Identification, in Computer Vision and Image Understanding 2010. The trade-off between resolution and quality should be considered in the design space exploration.
Pedestrian Detection: A Benchmark, in CVPR 2009.
- Monocular Pedestrian Detection: Survey and Experiments, in TPAMI 2008.
- An Experimental Study on Pedestrian Classification, in TPAMI 2006.
Mapping schemes of image recognition tasks onto highly parallel SIMD/MIMD processors, in ICDSC 2009. Mapping pedestrian detection on IMAPCAR2.