Model Based Motion Vector Predictor for Zoom Motion, in LSP 2010.
Two papers using Lyapunov-Krasovskii functional (LKF) for the stability analysis of neural network in TNN July 2010:
- An Augmented LKF Approach Involving Derivative Information of Both State and Delay
- Exponential Stabilization of Neural Networks With Various Activation Functions and Mixed Time-Varying Delays
TPAMI Sept 2010 has some interesting papers:
- Evaluating Color Descriptors for Object and Scene Recognition, from UvA
- Stages as Models of Scene Geometry
- WLD: A Robust Local Image Descriptor
- Resolution Enhancement in Multi-Image Stereo
Some interesting papers from IET-CTA July 2010:
- New study of controller design for networked control systems
- Delay-dependent robust H∞ control of time-delay systems
- Sampled-data fuzzy-model-based control systems: stability analysis with consideration of analogue-to-digital converter and digital-to-analogue converter
- Network-based predictive control of multirate systems
MCS Aug 2010 has a special issue on Automotive Active Safety Systems:
- Automotive Active Safety Systems [Introduction to the special section]
- Cooperative Vehicular Safety Applications
- Tire-Road Friction-Coefficient Estimation
- Vehicle Rollover Avoidance
- Active Driveline Torque-Management Systems, an awesome overview on ESC systems.
Networked Control Systems With Communication Constraints: Tradeoffs Between Transmission Intervals, Delays and Performance, from TU/e, in TAC Aug 2010. A good example of analysing the trade-offs.
TASE July 2010 has some interesting papers:
- Automated 3-D Micrograsping Tasks Performed by Vision-Based Control
- A Dynamic Region-of-Interest Vision Tracking System Applied to the Real-Time Wing Kinematic Analysis of Tethered Drosophila
A Heterogeneous Digital Signal Processor for Dynamically Reconfigurable Computing, from the MORPHEUS project, in JSSC Aug 2010. The multi-grain reconfigurable Morpheus chip is presented.
TIP Aug 2010 has some interesting papers:
- Local Affine Image Matching and Synthesis Based on Structural Patterns
- Fast Cartoon + Texture Image Filters
- General Road Detection From a Single Image
- Exploiting Transitivity of Correlation for Fast Template Matching
- Software Designs of Image Processing Tasks With Incremental Refinement of Computation, handling dynamic workload in real time system.
- Detecting Abandoned Objects With a Moving Camera
TCSVT July 2010 has some interesting papers:
- Fast Motion Estimation With Interpolation-Free Sub-Sample Accuracy
- Human Pose Regression Through Multiview Visual Fusion
- Content-Based Dynamic Threshold Method for Real-Time Keyframe Selecting
- Video Denoising Based on a Spatiotemporal Gaussian Scale Mixture Model
TCSI July 2010 has some interesting papers:
- An On-Chip-Trainable Gaussian-Kernel Analog Support Vector Machine
- Incremental Data Converters at Low Oversampling Ratios
- On-Chip Support for NoC-Based SoC Debugging
FPGA Architecture Optimization Using Geometric Programming, in TCAD 2010. Area and delay model at circuit level and architecture level.
Some interesting papers in TC Sept 2010:
- High Throughput Disk Scheduling with Fair Bandwidth Distribution
- Network Applications on Simultaneous Multithreading Processors
- Time-Predictable Out-of-Order Execution for Hard Real-Time Systems
- Generating Reliable Code from Hybrid-Systems Models
Some interesting paper in MCSE July-Aug 2010:
- High-Performance Computing with Accelerators, by Wen-mei Hwu, et al.
- OpenMM: A Hardware-Independent Framework for Molecular Simulations, “users care about equations, not algorithms”, great insight into domain specific framework.
- Efficient Computational Strategies for Solving Global Optimization Problems, the available parallelism in different heuristic search algorithms are compared.
- XtremeData dbX: An FPGA-Based Data Warehouse Appliance
TCE July 2010 has some interesting papers:
- Smart cameras: 2D affine models for determining subject facial expressions, component-based Active Appearance Model (AAM) and Support Vector Machine (SVM) classifier are used.
- Fast panorama stitching for high-quality panoramic images on mobile phones, from NOKIA. Some while ago Lowe did autostitching on iphone.
- Design of signal processing pipeline for stereoscopic cameras, unlikely to achieve real time performance.
- CFA-based motion blur removal using long/short exposure pairs, can be done in real time.
- 3D video: acquisition, coding, and display, from the FP7 3Dphone project.
Proceeding of IEEE Aug 2010 has a special issue on internet vision:
- Internet Vision
- Scene Reconstruction and Visualization From Community Photo Collections
- Infinite Images: Creating and Exploring a Large Photorealistic Virtual Space
- Toward Large-Scale Face Recognition Using Social Network Context
- It’s All About the Data
- Learning Object Categories From Internet Image Searches
- Vision of a Visipedia
MCG July-Aug 2010 has a special issue on digital human faces:
- Guest Editors’ Introduction: Digital Human Faces: From Creation to Emotion
- The Digital Emily Project: Achieving a Photorealistic Digital Actor
- Modeling Short-Term Dynamics and Variability for Realistic Interactive Facial Animation
- The Expressive Gaze Model: Using Gaze to Express Emotion
- Solid-Texture Synthesis: A Survey
Some interesting papers in TVLSI Aug 2010:
- A High-Performance Unified-Field Reconfigurable Cryptographic Processor, the road towards unification for cryptographic processor.
- A Scalable Circuit-Architecture Co-Design to Improve Memory Yield for High-Performance Processors, by increasing the write cycle by one, the yield increases from 37% to 69%.
- On the Power Management of Simultaneous Multithreading Processors, SMTSIM is used.
- Register File Partitioning and Compiler Support for Reducing Embedded Processor Power Consumption, simplescalar is used. About 50% reduction in power is reported.