The program of International Symposium on Performance Analysis of Systems and Software (ISPASS) 2012 was released. Some preprints are already available:
- Automated Regression-based GPU Design Space Exploration (PDF)
- A Mechanistic Performance Model for Superscalar In-Order Processors (PDF)
- Comparing the Power and Performance of Intel SCC to State-of-the-Art CPUs and GPUs (PDF)
- Bandwidth Bandit: Understanding Memory Contention, similar to the tech report “Design and Evaluation of the Bandwidth Bandit“
- Speedup Stacks: Identifying Scaling Bottlenecks in Multi-Threaded Applications (PDF)
- Performance Analysis of Thread Mappings with a Holistic View of the Hardware Resources (PDF)
Some recent comparison of local features:
Abstracting Out – Designing Ourselves Out of a Job, an essay by Kevin Morris, in eejournal.com.
The papers of International Image Sensor Workshop (IISW) 2011 are available. Thanks to the pointer of Image Sensors World. Some interesting papers:
- The 25th Anniversary of IISW: Reflections on Directions (PDF), by Eric R. Fossum. Great insight! Reflecting on the CCD v.s. CMOS debate, back from 25 year ago, he concludes it as “simpler and cheaper is better than clever and sophisticated“. “That is a hard lesson when your profession is to be clever“, he said. Clever and sophisticated can become simpler and cheaper over time, if the technologies can scale. Some can scale better than the others.
- New Application Areas Made Possible by High Speed Vision (PDF), by Masatoshi Ishikawa from U. Tokyo.
- Experimental Comparison of Four Different CMOS Pixel Architectures Used in Indirect Time-of-Flight Distance Measurement Sensors(PDF)
Recent developments in free-viewpoint interpolation for 3DTV, from the Video Coding and Architectures (VCA) group of TU/e, in 3D Research March 2012.
Two interesting papers in Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (TPAMI) April 2012:
Power and Area Minimization of Reconfigurable FFT Processors: A 3GPP-LTE Example, in Journal of Solid-State Circuits (JSSC) March 2012.
Analytical Optimization of Bit-Widths in Fixed-Point LTI Systems, in Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems (TCAD) March 2012.
EUV Lithography Gets Some Competition, in IEEE Spectrum. The electron beam (e-beam) direct write lithography is on the rise. According to TSMC, “the window for introducing the [EUV] technology is shrinking”. Once that window is closed, ASML will be doomed.
Digital Video Stabilization and Rolling Shutter Correction using Gyroscopes, by Alexandre Karpenko, et al., in a tech report in Stanford University in 2011. The source code is available on the project page.
Human-Oriented Control for Haptic Teleoperation, from TU Munich, in Proceedings of the IEEE March 2012.
Some interesting papers in Transactions on Industrial Electronics (TIE) July 2012:
Some interesting papers from Transactions on Image Processing (TIP) March 2012:
Two interesting papers in Transactions on VLSI (TVLSI) March 2012: